- Arenite Pants pattern (paper or pdf pattern, printed and pieced together)
- Appropriate amount of woven fabric (rayon challis, tencil twill, linen blends) for pattern size. Whatever you use, look for fantastic drape!
- 1/2 yard of knit fabric if planning to do the knit cuff
- 2" Dritz soft elastic
- coordinating thread
- sewing supplies: pencil, pins, fabric scissors, tailor's chalk or disappearing pen, cloth measuring tape, etc
- Class 66 bobbins (plastic; please bring at least 3)
- Fabric scissors
- Universal machine sewing needles
- Seam ripper
- Dressmaker’s pencil or tailor’s chalk
- Tape measure 60”
- Sewing gauge
- Tracing Paper (optional)
- Pre-washed Fabric
A few helpful notes and tips for sewing classes:
If at all possible, please have your fabric and interfacing already cut out and ready to sew when you come to class. If you are new to cutting or have any questions about cutting this pattern, feel free to email the teacher for assistance before this class.
JPKS has machines for you to use, but it's always preferable to familiarize yourself with your own tools whenever you can. If you have your own machine at home and it's not too much hassle to bring it, please feel free to. No need to bring your own iron or board, though.
Never underestimate the value of measuring yourself before you start a pattern. It is important to measure yourself before you cut your pattern pieces, so you can cut the appropriate pattern size based on your own measurements. Here is a handy dandy guide to help you get your body measurements to help determine which pattern size you will need to cut. If you are still struggling, please reach out to your teacher before class and ask for some assistance.
To register, please select the date of the class you want to attend, add this class (and more if you wish!) to your cart, and then proceed to checkout.