Beginning Embroidery: Cactus Trio Sampler
Welcome to the world of modern hand embroidery! This class is accessible to students of all levels, from the complete beginner to those looking to brush up on basic stitches. In this three hour workshop, we will talk about embroidery supplies, learn how to transfer a pattern to fabric, and practice several basic embroidery stitches.
Instructor: Liz Hangen
Class Date: Saturday, June 22, 11am-2pm
Skill/Difficulty Level: Beginner (No experience necessary!)/All Levels
What is Needed (notions, yarn, etc):
- Embroidery pattern: Cactus Trio by Wandering Threads Embroidery (NOTE: We do not sell this at the shop, you will need to purchase it at the link provided to etsy and bring to the class with you)
- 7 or 8 inch embroidery hoop
- Fabric square in appropriate size for your hoop choice (approximately 10”x10” is ideal, though a fat quarter can be easily cut to size). Choose a fabric with a loose to medium weave, such as cotton, muslin, or linen. A solid, light color is recommended for easy pattern transfer
- Embroidery needles (recommended size 7 or 9) It is helpful (but not essential) to have a several needles on hand.
- DMC Embroidery Floss (colors shown: 612, 922, 3346, 734, 3854, 469) Floss colors are for guidance only. Feel free to make color substitutions—have fun with it!
- Water soluble pen
- Helpful but not essential: needle threader, small scissors (we’ll have a few pairs to share, but you may prefer to bring your own)
Registered students receive 10% off their supplies for the class.
To register, please select the date of the class you want to attend, add this class (and more if you wish!) to your cart, and then proceed to checkout.