1 Day Workshop: Embroidered Monograms
Starts: November 18, 2017 1:00 pm
Saturday 1:00PM – 5:00PM
Meets on: November 18
Instructor: Kate Herron Gendreau
Level: Advance Beginner – Intermediate
Registered students get 10% off supplies purchased at JP Knit & Stitch
Come try your hand at stitching up an embroidery classic—the monogram of your choice! In this special four-hour workshop, you’ll get to choose a letter from a selection of contemporary and vintage alphabet patterns and we’ll plot out what stitches and approach will best suit the typography, your fabric, and your personal taste.
Bring some scrap fabric to play on and/or an existing item like a denim jacket or canvas bag that you’d like to stitch on. We’ll transfer designs and get stitching together so that you’ll leave with all you need to finish up the project on your own own if more time is needed. This workshop is perfect for those who have taken our crash course or have a few basic stitches under their belt, but who want to learn more about reading embroidery patterns, project strategizing, and tips for stitching and navigating lettering.
- Practice scrap fabric
- Denim/canvas/plain cotton or twill weave jacket/bag/skirt/shirt–you name it! (No jersey fabrics please)
- Iron on transfer pen or carbon paper
- Embroidery floss in your choice of colors
- Embroidery needles
- Small embroidery scissors
- 3-8″ embroidery hoop (keep in mind the size/area of the piece you’ll be stitching on)