Fabric Printing: Holiday Edition!
Starts: December 9, 2017 10:30 am
Saturday 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Meets on: December 9
Instructor: Crista Jaeckel
Level: Advanced Beginner
(you should already have block carving experience)
Cost: $75 plus materials
Registered students receive a 10% discount on materials at JP Knit & Stitch
Join us this holiday season for a very special edition of our 1 day Fabric Printing Workshop! Included in the class fee will be your very own copy of Making Magazine, No. 4 (the popular periodical for knitters and makers of all stripes to inspire all your holiday making), 6 blank gift tags, 1 yard of blank muslin, and refreshments (the better to craft with my dear!).
This workshop is designed for those who have already taken one of our regular fabric printing workshops. It’s a perfect opportunity to continue honing your skills and ideas with expert guidance as you enjoy a cozy afternoon
Come to class with your ideas, tools, and ink; Leave with custom printed gift tags and a yard of fabric–perfect for stitching up the bento project bag pattern included in the magazine or using to wrap a gift that is as unique as the special person on your list. You can choose to carve new blocks in class or print with ones you already have on hand.
Check out Crista’s Instagram for lots of great fabric printing inspiration! She also recommends these books on the subject, some of which you can find here at JP Knit & Stitch:
Stamp Stencil Paint By Anna Joyce
Fabric Printing at Home Julie B. Booth
The Spoonflower Handbook
- Bring an apron or wear clothes that can get ink on them.
- Rubber carving block , easier and safer to carve than linoleum. http://www.dickblick.com/products/speedball-speedy-cut-carving-blocks/
Foam Brayer size 1.5 http://www.dickblick.com/items/06901-5238/
- Lino Carving tool with at least 3 interchangeable blades. http://www.dickblick.com/products/speedball-linoleum-cutters/
- Utility knife
- Paper and pencil ruler (drawing ideas, designs)
- Textile paint, color or colors of your choice. Small jars will be enough for our purpose. If you want to mix custom colors , remember to bring white and black. http://www.dickblick.com/products/speedball-fabric-screen-printing-inks/