1 Day Workshop: Fabric Printing
Starts: June 3, 2017 1:30 pm
Saturday 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Meets on: June 3
Instructor: Crista Jaeckel
Level: Absolute Beginner. No sewing experience required.
Cost: $40 plus materials
Want to learn how to print your own patterned fabric to use in your craft and DIY projects? This mini workshop is for you! During this 3 hour workshop you will learn how to carve your own block and transfer your design onto fabric.
Check out Crista’s Instagram for lots of great fabric printing inspiration! She also recommends these books on the subjec, some of which you can also find here at JP Knit & Stitch:
Stamp Stencil Paint By Anna Joyce
Fabric Printing at Home Julie B. Booth
The Spoonflower Handbook
All students currently signed up for a class at JP Knit & Stitch receive 10% off all class materials!
- Washed natural cotton, linen or canvas. Calico and Canvas is available in the store. We suggest bringing more than what you will need as it is fun to have the freedom to be creative and try different stamps and colors.
- Bring a apron or wear clothes that can get ink on them.
- Rubber carving block , easier and safer to carve than linoleum. http://www.dickblick.com/products/speedball-speedy-cut-carving-blocks/
- Rubber Brayer size 1.5 inches. http://www.dickblick.com/items/40104-1015/
- Lino Carving tool with at least 3 interchangeable blades. http://www.dickblick.com/products/speedball-linoleum-cutters/
- Utility knife
- Paper and pencil ruler (drawing ideas, designs)
- Textile paint, color or colors of your choice. Small jars will be enough for our purpose. If you want to mix custom colors , remember to bring white and black. http://www.dickblick.com/products/jacquard-textile-colors/