Friday Kids’ Sewing Club
Starts: May 5, 2017 4:00 pm
4 Fridays 4:00PM – 5:30PM
Meets on: May 5, May 12, May 19, May 26
Instructor: Crista Jaeckel
Level: Absolute Beginner. No sewing experience required, but more experienced sewers are welcome. Suggested age range 8-13.
Cost: $100 plus materials / Registered students receive a 10% discount on materials at JP Knit & Stitch
This is a four session sewing group for ages 8-11. Sewing ability can range from no sewing experience to basic skills. Students will learn the following while working on a simple project during each class:
- The basics of using a sewing machine
- How to iron as part of the sewing process.
- How to cut and work with fabric, add embellishment or sew a button
The first class will be spent on getting to know the sewing machine: How does it work?
The second, third and fourth class will be spent on ‘one of a kind’ creations. We will sew an apron and a basic tote bag, depending on skill level. This is an opportunity to be creative and have fun while learning to sew!
Materials required will depend on the project.
- 1 yard each of two different quilting cottons (washed), plus matching thread.
- Tools and notions will be provided in class however if you have a sewing kit you are welcome to bring it along. You can also purchase a JP Knit & Stitch sewing kit.
- Sewing machines are provided, but students may bring their own if they prefer.