22 Dec Gift Guide #4: Bags + Cards
*Please note our Holiday Hours: we will be closed on Thursday, December 25th; Friday, December 26th; and Thursday, January 1st.
It’s common knowledge: crafters have a thing for bags. And they’re useful even for the non-crafty recipients on your list. Here’s a sample of the useful and lovely bags we have in the shop.
1) We already showcased our JP Knit & Stitch knitting kit (available “fully loaded” with knitting notions, or empty–and full of potential); why not complete the JPKS set with hand silk-screened drawstring bags. Available in two sizes and three designs. (And, yes, the pink one has glitter!)
2) We recently picked up a stack of zippered pouches from Fine Frock, a handsewer from Somerville. These surprisingly roomy bags make them perfect for small projects like socks or embroidery, or for holding the essentials and leaving your purse at home.
3) No use for bags? Try Sarah Coyne’s fiber-themed cards, made just for JP Knit & Stitch. It’s the perfect way to send a gift card or seasonal good wishes. Love Sarah’s style? She’ll be teaching a silk-screening workshop this February.
4) We love Third Floor Studio’s project and tool bags! It makes sense; Christine picks out her favorite fabrics from our selection, and then sews up the bags we want and need. She’s even making needle cases, too! Each bag is one-of-a-kind, so come pick out your favorite (or favorites).
5) Allow me to introduce my holiday mantra: there’s still time! JP Knit & Stitch is open for two more days before Christmas and the last night of Hanukkah, so you still have time to pick up the fabric to sew up a quick drawstring bag, tote, or zippered pouch.
All of these bags and cards are awesome enough to give on their own, but if you’d like to tuck a little something inside, we’ve got ideas for that too, from adorably packaged kits to super quick knitting projects. And, of course, we’ve always got gift certificates!