Our Intro to Colorwork class featuring the Gateway to Rustic Cowl by Espace Tricot is a great introduction to colorwork knitting, thanks to the simple, repetitive pattern - no counting or charts required! This class is also a good skill-builder for those who haven’t tried a Provisional Cast On or 3-Needle Bind Off before.
Instructor: Rebecca Long
Class Dates: Feb 26 & March 18, 6-8pm
Note: This class is purposefully spread out so that you can work on your cowl and have most finished by the last class in case you run into any issues or need help with binding off.
Skill/Level: Advanced Beginner
- Gateway to Rustic Cowl Pattern: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gateway-to-rustic (FREE!)
- 1 skein main color (mc) fingering weight yarn - suggested: Tukuwool Fingering – (100% Finnish Wool; 231 y / 195 m / 213 y)
- 1 skein contrast color (cc) fingering weight yarn - suggested: any! you can pick a speckle, another tukukwool fingering, etc! (at least 100 yards of fingering weight yarn)
- 1 skein contrast color lace or fingering weight yarn for the lining (lc) - suggested: Shibui Silk Cloud – (60% kid mohair, 40% silk; 300 m / 330 y) Note: the Silk Cloud is knit held double – you will use all of this skein and finish the lining with a few rows of Tukuwool before binding off
- needles: US 4 & US 5 in 16" circular as well as 1 US 5 dpn for the 3-needle bind off
- waste yarn and a crochet hook size F
Registered students receive 10% off their supplies for the class.
To register, please select the date of the class you want to attend, add this class (and more if you wish!) to your cart, and then proceed to checkout.