04 Dec JPK&S Crafty Holiday Gift Guide #4
Flannel Baby Quilt!
I don’t know about you, but there are a ton of new babies in my life this year! The little guys are fun to craft for, which inspired Gift Guide idea #4: a flannel baby quilt! Here’s how:
- Choose 1 1/4 yards of your two favorite flannels. We’ve got cotton flannels in gorgeous plaids, sophisicated herringbone and, of course, foxes!
- Machine wash your fabric.
- Trim both pieces so that they are the same size. Lay the pieces with the wrong sides together. (You can also sandwich batting in between, but this is optional.)
- Safety pin or baste the layers together, then quilt them with lines of machine stitching.
- Bind the edges with a colorful bias tape (or make your own).
This is a cuddly, relaxing project you can complete in an afternoon! I’m afraid there’s just a materials picture today, since the quilt I made is currently under a baby!
This Gift Guide was brought to you by Eloise (teacher + crafter + JPK&S-er)!