*Please note our Holiday Hours: we will be closed on Thursday, December 25th; Friday, December 26th; and Thursday, January 1st.
It’s common knowledge: crafters have a thing for bags. And they’re useful even for the non-crafty recipients on your list. Here’s a sample of the useful and lovely bags we have in the shop.
1) We already showcased our JP Knit & Stitch knitting kit (available “fully loaded” with knitting notions, or empty–and full of potential); why not complete the JPKS set with hand silk-screened drawstring bags. Available in two sizes and three designs. (And, yes, the pink one has glitter!)
2) We recently picked up a stack of zippered pouches from Fine Frock, a handsewer from Somerville. These surprisingly roomy bags make them perfect for small projects like socks or embroidery, or for holding the essentials and leaving your purse at home.
3) No use for bags? Try Sarah Coyne’s fiber-themed cards, made just for JP Knit & Stitch. It’s the perfect way to send a gift card or seasonal good wishes. Love Sarah’s style? She’ll be teaching a silk-screening workshop this February.
4) We love Third Floor Studio’s project and tool bags! It makes sense; Christine picks out her favorite fabrics from our selection, and then sews up the bags we want and need. She’s even making needle cases, too! Each bag is one-of-a-kind, so come pick out your favorite (or favorites).
5) Allow me to introduce my holiday mantra: there’s still time! JP Knit & Stitch is open for two more days before Christmas and the last night of Hanukkah, so you still have time to pick up the fabric to sew up a quick drawstring bag, tote, or zippered pouch.
All of these bags and cards are awesome enough to give on their own, but if you’d like to tuck a little something inside, we’ve got ideas for that too, from adorably packaged kits to super quick knitting projects. And, of course, we’ve always got gift certificates!
Read all Crafty Gift Guide, News •
We had such fun last night celebrating the first pattern release from Blueprintsforsewing, the Cabin shirt + shift. See below all the version – present and future!
Read all Events, Fabric, News, Projects, Sewing •
We are so excited to host the pattern release party for Blueprintsforsewing’s very first pattern the CABIN shirt and shift. To celebrate we are having a
FLASH FABRIC SALE!
Tonight from 6 – 9pm all fabric (*except for the Nani Iro) will be 20%off. We will have refreshments and lots of Cabins on display and lots of other goodies. Let’s celebrate!!!
Read all News •
It’s December 1st, and it’s time to start thinking about presents (if you haven’t already). JP Knit & Stitch is here with crafty inspiration, whether the people on your list are makers too, or all about a final product. Here are our favorite gift ideas this week.
- We love kits, and the embroidered pendants from Red Gate Stitchery are super chic. Made of laser cut bamboo, each kit comes with everything you need to stitch up a super stylish necklace that’s colorful and nature inspired. And since you’re stitching in wood instead of fabric, it’s really easy!
- If you’re looking for a gift for a knitter, how about our JP Knit & Stitch knitting kit? It comes with everything a beginning knitter needs (and all the tools an intermediate knitter like me is always losing)! Don’t want the tools? We sell just the awesome zippered pouch, make by EnviroTote and designed by Taylor McVay, too!
- We can’t get over the cuteness of these DIY Embroidered Doll Kits from Kiriki. The bear is shown here, and we also have kittens, foxes, owls, and–of course–sloths!
- It’s another amazing item from Taylor McVay: the Cabin pattern from Blueprints for Sewing! Whip up a top for your next holiday party, then make the shift dress for your favorite stylish friend. Or get the sewer on your list the pattern and a spot in our Cabin Shift + Shirt Workshop in January! (And don’t forget to come to the Blueprints for Sewing Cabin Release Party on Friday.)
- One more kit because we can’t resist! We’ve carried Threadfollower animal kits for a long time, and Charlotte Fox is the newest kit. Once she’s sewn up, grab a bit of extra felt to make her a whole wardrobe!
- And lastly, yarn! We grabbed two of our newest and most festive arrivals. Fat & Sassy Merino, our very thickest yarn, and Kin Gin, a sparkly lace weight. Hold them together to make a super-fast, super-cute cowl, or just use them as holiday decor!
Read all Crafty Gift Guide, News, Sewing, Yarn •
We are open today until 6pm and resume our regular hours tomorrow. Come on in and check out all our new yarns + fabrics + notions + gifts + books + more to get you inspired for holiday crafting and gift giving! We have classes and workshops galore to get you motivated including a full day with the amazing Mari Chiba of Mari Knits in January. Check out all our offerings right HERE>
Read all News •