We are so excited to host the pattern release party for Blueprintsforsewing’s very first pattern the CABIN shirt and shift. To celebrate we are having a
FLASH FABRIC SALE!
Tonight from 6 – 9pm all fabric (*except for the Nani Iro) will be 20%off. We will have refreshments and lots of Cabins on display and lots of other goodies. Let’s celebrate!!!
Read all News
It’s December 1st, and it’s time to start thinking about presents (if you haven’t already). JP Knit & Stitch is here with crafty inspiration, whether the people on your list are makers too, or all about a final product. Here are our favorite gift ideas this week.
- We love kits, and the embroidered pendants from Red Gate Stitchery are super chic. Made of laser cut bamboo, each kit comes with everything you need to stitch up a super stylish necklace that’s colorful and nature inspired. And since you’re stitching in wood instead of fabric, it’s really easy!
- If you’re looking for a gift for a knitter, how about our JP Knit & Stitch knitting kit? It comes with everything a beginning knitter needs (and all the tools an intermediate knitter like me is always losing)! Don’t want the tools? We sell just the awesome zippered pouch, make by EnviroTote and designed by Taylor McVay, too!
- We can’t get over the cuteness of these DIY Embroidered Doll Kits from Kiriki. The bear is shown here, and we also have kittens, foxes, owls, and–of course–sloths!
- It’s another amazing item from Taylor McVay: the Cabin pattern from Blueprints for Sewing! Whip up a top for your next holiday party, then make the shift dress for your favorite stylish friend. Or get the sewer on your list the pattern and a spot in our Cabin Shift + Shirt Workshop in January! (And don’t forget to come to the Blueprints for Sewing Cabin Release Party on Friday.)
- One more kit because we can’t resist! We’ve carried Threadfollower animal kits for a long time, and Charlotte Fox is the newest kit. Once she’s sewn up, grab a bit of extra felt to make her a whole wardrobe!
- And lastly, yarn! We grabbed two of our newest and most festive arrivals. Fat & Sassy Merino, our very thickest yarn, and Kin Gin, a sparkly lace weight. Hold them together to make a super-fast, super-cute cowl, or just use them as holiday decor!
Read all Crafty Gift Guide, News, Sewing, Yarn
We are open today until 6pm and resume our regular hours tomorrow. Come on in and check out all our new yarns + fabrics + notions + gifts + books + more to get you inspired for holiday crafting and gift giving! We have classes and workshops galore to get you motivated including a full day with the amazing Mari Chiba of Mari Knits in January. Check out all our offerings right HERE>
Read all News
We are so grateful for all of you and wish you a warm, wonderful, and crafty Thanksgiving! We are closed today, but will be open tomorrow from 12 -6pm and then Saturday for our regular hours. Thanks to POLINA, aged 12, for the beautiful art!
Read all Events, News
We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, 11/27, and will be open on Friday, 11/28, from 12 – 6pm. The shop has been humming with activity over these last weeks as we turn our attention to seasonal and holiday gift giving and making. We are stock full of beautiful yarns, soft flannels, knitting kits, sewing kits, and samples of all kinds to inspire you in your next project. We are loving the newest member of our yarn family: Holst Yarn from Denmark. This yarn is perfect for fair isle, intarsia, and even simple striping projects. We have 18 lovely colors to inspire you!
Read all News
Hey folks – we are loving being open for longer hours (see our new opening hours at right!) and are happy to be here for all your crafting needs! We have a full slate of classes and workshops posted into January to fit all skill levels. Check them all out right HERE. See the cutest pair of thrummed mittens Jess made for her January class below. Trust our friends to the North to come up with the warmest, softest, coziest mittens imaginable.
Read all News
Just in time for your Fall crafting needs, we are expanding our hours! We are now open on Tuesdays (10-8pm) and are open later on Fridays (10-9pm). We are moving our StitchNight to Fridays so you can end your working week with a relaxing dose of communal crafting. Come by and join us! Don’t’ forget to check out our awesome classes and upcoming events, including the launch party for Blueprints for Sewing’s first pattern release, Cabin.
Halloween Contest update: we are in the process of picking a winner. For now, check out some of our amazing + crafty + inspiring Halloween contestants below.
Read all News
Fall is well and truly here and we know this because all of YOU are coming in the shop wanting to get your hands into your next cozy project! Lush + lovely yarns are flying out the door destined for hats, fall sweaters, mittens, you name it. Flannel fabrics just arrived and signify that the change of season is upon us. Whip up those cute flannel skirts + PJs quick! It also means it’s time for the JPK&S……Halloween Costume Contest! Just take a pic of you in your costume using any JPK&S items (yes, thread counts!) and tag us on Instagram, Winner will win a 20% off coupon towards their next purchase. C’mon you JP Knit & Stitchers time to get crafty!
Read all News
We’ve carried Coastal Knits, a cross-country collaboration of knitting patterns by designers Alana Dakos and Hannah Fettig, for a long time. We love the cozy sweaters, gorgeous accessories, and dreamy details in this book, and we are so excited to host a month long trunk show of Coastal Knits samples! This is your opportunity to try on the Rocky Coast Cardigan, see the details on the Little Oak sweater, and be inspired to make your own.
So, through the month of October, as the weather gets cool and rainy, start thinking about sweaters, and stop by the shop to see the Coastal Knits Trunk Show for yourself!
Read all Knitting, News
After the hustle and bustle of September (getting back into routines, figuring out schedules…) October is here and we couldn’t be more ready to embrace the season. We are happy to welcome the quilter Joyce Adams for a quilting show to close out the last month of JP Centre South First Thursdays. On Friday we expand our repertoire with a workshop and talk with Dylan Usher as part of ArtWeek Boston.
Check out all our classes and workshop offerings right HERE.
Kids sewing and knitting clubs are starting this week. Friday Sewing Club is full, but the Thursday Knitting club has a few spots left. Check them all out right HERE.
Read all Events
Page 3 of 30«12345...102030...»Last »