Sure, technically a pair of fingering-weight socks is a one-skein project, but with the holidays fast approaching, we went looking for one-skein projects that are fast but are still fun to make and a joy to receive. Nearly all of these patterns are available on Ravelry, and we’ve got enough yarn to make one for everybody on your list.
1) Put a Pompom On It, with one skein of Cascade Magnum (with PLENTY left over for the pompom). Make a little tassel instead for your more demure friends, or make a colorful pompom from scrap yarns for extra personality.
2) The 10-stitch cowl is actually two skeins, but since you can knit it in one movie night, we just had to include it. The pattern is a cinch: with size 50 needles, Knit Collage Pixie Dust and two strands (one from each end of the ball) of Cast Away, cast on 10 stitches. Knit for 24 inches, cast off, and sew the ends together. Done!
3) Fatneck Cowl, with one skein of Fat & Sassy Merino. Even faster than the 10-stitch cowl!
4) Waiting for Winter Mittens & Fingerless Mitts, made with one skein of Lady Dye’s Superwash Merino in our custom color! We like this pattern so much, we’re teaching a workshop on it beginning this Saturday.
5) Jacques Cousteau Hat, from one skein of Dirty Water Dye Works Edna (or two skeins of Manos Silk Blend). This DK-weight hat will take a bit longer, but is perfect for the folks on your list who want less chunky accessories.
6) Nom Nom Nom Cowl, knit with one skein of Manos Maxima. Let’s end with something delicious: cozy, simple, and worsted weight. Use a semisolid tone or one of Maxima’s gorgeous multis!
Read all Crafty Gift Guide, Knitting
We had such fun last night celebrating the first pattern release from Blueprintsforsewing, the Cabin shirt + shift. See below all the version – present and future!
Read all Events, Fabric, News, Projects, Sewing
We are so excited to host the pattern release party for Blueprintsforsewing’s very first pattern the CABIN shirt and shift. To celebrate we are having a
FLASH FABRIC SALE!
Tonight from 6 – 9pm all fabric (*except for the Nani Iro) will be 20%off. We will have refreshments and lots of Cabins on display and lots of other goodies. Let’s celebrate!!!
Read all News
It’s December 1st, and it’s time to start thinking about presents (if you haven’t already). JP Knit & Stitch is here with crafty inspiration, whether the people on your list are makers too, or all about a final product. Here are our favorite gift ideas this week.
- We love kits, and the embroidered pendants from Red Gate Stitchery are super chic. Made of laser cut bamboo, each kit comes with everything you need to stitch up a super stylish necklace that’s colorful and nature inspired. And since you’re stitching in wood instead of fabric, it’s really easy!
- If you’re looking for a gift for a knitter, how about our JP Knit & Stitch knitting kit? It comes with everything a beginning knitter needs (and all the tools an intermediate knitter like me is always losing)! Don’t want the tools? We sell just the awesome zippered pouch, make by EnviroTote and designed by Taylor McVay, too!
- We can’t get over the cuteness of these DIY Embroidered Doll Kits from Kiriki. The bear is shown here, and we also have kittens, foxes, owls, and–of course–sloths!
- It’s another amazing item from Taylor McVay: the Cabin pattern from Blueprints for Sewing! Whip up a top for your next holiday party, then make the shift dress for your favorite stylish friend. Or get the sewer on your list the pattern and a spot in our Cabin Shift + Shirt Workshop in January! (And don’t forget to come to the Blueprints for Sewing Cabin Release Party on Friday.)
- One more kit because we can’t resist! We’ve carried Threadfollower animal kits for a long time, and Charlotte Fox is the newest kit. Once she’s sewn up, grab a bit of extra felt to make her a whole wardrobe!
- And lastly, yarn! We grabbed two of our newest and most festive arrivals. Fat & Sassy Merino, our very thickest yarn, and Kin Gin, a sparkly lace weight. Hold them together to make a super-fast, super-cute cowl, or just use them as holiday decor!
Read all Crafty Gift Guide, News, Sewing, Yarn
We are open today until 6pm and resume our regular hours tomorrow. Come on in and check out all our new yarns + fabrics + notions + gifts + books + more to get you inspired for holiday crafting and gift giving! We have classes and workshops galore to get you motivated including a full day with the amazing Mari Chiba of Mari Knits in January. Check out all our offerings right HERE>
Read all News
We are so grateful for all of you and wish you a warm, wonderful, and crafty Thanksgiving! We are closed today, but will be open tomorrow from 12 -6pm and then Saturday for our regular hours. Thanks to POLINA, aged 12, for the beautiful art!
Read all Events, News
We will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, 11/27, and will be open on Friday, 11/28, from 12 – 6pm. The shop has been humming with activity over these last weeks as we turn our attention to seasonal and holiday gift giving and making. We are stock full of beautiful yarns, soft flannels, knitting kits, sewing kits, and samples of all kinds to inspire you in your next project. We are loving the newest member of our yarn family: Holst Yarn from Denmark. This yarn is perfect for fair isle, intarsia, and even simple striping projects. We have 18 lovely colors to inspire you!
Read all News
Hey folks – we are loving being open for longer hours (see our new opening hours at right!) and are happy to be here for all your crafting needs! We have a full slate of classes and workshops posted into January to fit all skill levels. Check them all out right HERE. See the cutest pair of thrummed mittens Jess made for her January class below. Trust our friends to the North to come up with the warmest, softest, coziest mittens imaginable.
Read all News
Just in time for your Fall crafting needs, we are expanding our hours! We are now open on Tuesdays (10-8pm) and are open later on Fridays (10-9pm). We are moving our StitchNight to Fridays so you can end your working week with a relaxing dose of communal crafting. Come by and join us! Don’t’ forget to check out our awesome classes and upcoming events, including the launch party for Blueprints for Sewing’s first pattern release, Cabin.
Halloween Contest update: we are in the process of picking a winner. For now, check out some of our amazing + crafty + inspiring Halloween contestants below.
Read all News
Fall is well and truly here and we know this because all of YOU are coming in the shop wanting to get your hands into your next cozy project! Lush + lovely yarns are flying out the door destined for hats, fall sweaters, mittens, you name it. Flannel fabrics just arrived and signify that the change of season is upon us. Whip up those cute flannel skirts + PJs quick! It also means it’s time for the JPK&S……Halloween Costume Contest! Just take a pic of you in your costume using any JPK&S items (yes, thread counts!) and tag us on Instagram, Winner will win a 20% off coupon towards their next purchase. C’mon you JP Knit & Stitchers time to get crafty!
Read all News
Page 3 of 30«12345...102030...»Last »