Come and learn the basics of sewing! Wondering how to thread that sewing machine in the back of the closet? Interested in taking up a new hobby? Always wanted to learn to sew? Join me for a three hour sewing Crash Course where we will talk about fabric, patterns, sewing notions and supplies and so much more! We will learn how to thread the sewing machine and then sew a pillow case! Our pillow pattern will fit a 16x16 pillow form.
Level: absolute beginner/no experience necessary!
- Please bring 1.5 yard of COTTON fabric, pre-washed (please no velvet or satin)
- Matching/complimenting thread
- Any sewing notions you have , scissors, pins, chalk etc. (see full list below)
- 16x16 pillow form (available at JPKS)
For all sewing classes - if not stated above, please bring (or purchase) the following in addition to what the teacher has asked:
- Class 66 bobbins (plastic; please bring at least 3)
- Fabric scissors
- Universal machine sewing needles
- Seam ripper
- Dressmaker’s pencil or tailor’s chalk
- Tape measure 60”
- Sewing gauge
- Tracing Paper (optional)
- Pre-washed Fabric
JPKS has machines for you to use, but it's always preferable to familiarize yourself with your own tools whenever you can. If you have your own machine at home and it's not too much hassle to bring it, please feel free to. No need to bring your own iron or board, though.
Registered students receive 10% off their supplies for the class.
To register, please select the date of the class you want to attend, add this class (and more if you wish!) to your cart, and then proceed to checkout.