This class is perfect for the novice quilter or those more interested in focusing on their finishing skills including quilting and binding rather than piecing. Pick two of your favorite, complementary fabrics and we’ll take it from yardage to quilt in two class sessions. Perfectly sized to be a quick new baby gift, special preschool napping blanket, or couch accessory; a whole cloth quilt will give you a taste of the quilting craft without the stress of making all those points and seams match up!
Instructor: Rachel Rodrigues
Date: March 15 & 22, 12pm-3pm
Skill/Difficulty Level: Beginner - Basic knowledge of a sewing machine but no quilting experience necessary.
- 1.5 yds cotton quilting fabric for front of quilt - please do not pre-wash fabric
- 1.5 yds cotton quilting fabric for back of quilt - please do not pre-wash fabric
- 0.5 yds cotton quilting fabric for binding - please do not pre-wash fabric
- Cotton quilt batting – 45x55 or larger
- Quilter’s safety pins
- 1 spool cotton thread for quilting – color of your choice
- 1 spool cotton thread – color to match binding fabric
- 6x24 inch acrylic quilting ruler
- 45 mm Rotary cutter
- Water/air soluble fabric marker
For all sewing classes - if not stated above, please bring (or purchase) the following in addition to what the teacher has asked:
- Class 66 bobbins (plastic; please bring at least 3)
- Fabric scissors
- Universal machine sewing needles
- Seam ripper
- Dressmaker’s pencil or tailor’s chalk
- Tape measure 60”
- Sewing gauge
- Tracing Paper (optional)
- Pre-washed Fabric
A few helpful notes and tips for sewing classes:
JPKS has machines for you to use, but it's always preferable to familiarize yourself with your own tools whenever you can. If you have your own machine at home and it's not too much hassle to bring it, please feel free to. No need to bring your own iron or board, though.
Registered students receive 10% off their supplies for the class.
To register, please select the date of the class you want to attend, add this class (and more if you wish!) to your cart, and then proceed to checkout.