Make this versatile, flattering shift dress or top that you can wear this summer. This is a simple, easy-to-sew garment that has patch pockets on the front and a gathered yoke in the back. If you know the basics of sewing, yet want experience working with a pattern, this is the workshop for you! You will learn helpful, reusable sewing tips and techniques such has how to sew a pocket, finish seams, install facing, understitching, hemming, and more.
Instructor: Jeanne Po
Dates: August 8, 15, 22, 29, 6-8 pm
Difficulty Level: Advanced Beginner - Some sewing experience is required. You are comfortable threading a sewing machine and you have sewn a few projects on your own.
What is Needed:
- Wiksten Shift Dress and Top Pattern
- Fabric (see the back of the pattern for details on fabric type and yardage)
- Light-weight fusible interfacing
- Coordinating thread to use to sew your garment
- Fabric scissors
- Tailor's chalk or a fabric pen
- Sewing pins
- Seam ripper
- Metal gauge or a small ruler
Registered students receive 10% off their supplies for the class.
To register, please select the date of the class you want to attend, add this class (and more if you wish!) to your cart, and then proceed to checkout.