There is no question that 2020 has been a very challenging year - so needless to say I'm very happy to ring in 2021! However, I also believe that with every challenge there is an opportunity for growth. I've spent a lot of time reflecting on 2020 and trying to figure out what the Universe was trying to tell us (in a not so subtle way). This is what I have come up with.....
1. For everything you say "Yes" to, you need to say "No" to something else (and saying "No" is OKAY).....thank you Tom Brady.
2. Things don't always work out the way you want them to, but trust that in the end, everything will work out exactly the way it should.
3. My kids (and kids in general) are over scheduled. It is completely fine, and healthy, for them to be bored and just figure out something to do.
4. Being "sooo busy" should not be worn like a badge of honor. We only get one shot at this life and I'm pretty sure that at the end of it we won't be saying "Boy...I wish I worked more"....we will be saying "I wish I did more with my family and spent more time appreciating this life".
5. Taking time for oneself is not a "luxury" - it's a NECESSITY. Sooner or later we will all break...it's just a question of when....and when we do.....it won't be pretty.
6. The world would be a much better place if we all showed each other more understanding - Choose grace and tolerance over judgement.
7. It is okay to ask for help. Needing help is not a sign of weakness. Asking for help is a sign of strength.
8. I need to get off Sleeve Island.
I'd like to thank each and every one of you for your unending support. I look forward to all the exciting things 2021 has in store.
My best wishes to you and your families,