Laine is an absolutely beautiful, high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks who cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life. Laine's intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far.
Each Laine includes patterns from the leading knitwear designers, insightful, long-format stories from the world of wool, interviews, exciting travel articles, seasonal recipes and strong, visual storytelling.
Rooted - Issue 10: Laine's long-awaited anniversary issue will be published on the 11th of December.
Laine's first issue was published four years ago. To celebrate this journey, they decided to make a few changes to the layout, to freshen things up. Issue 10 will also be the first one available in two language versions: in English and in Finnish, their beloved mother tongue.
Included in this issue are an amazing line-up of designers from around the world: Denise Bayron, Aleks Byrd, Maxim Cyr, Midori Hirose, Julie Hoover, Natasja Hornby, Mieka John, Tif Neilan, Rievive, Veera Välimäki and Sylvia Watts-Cherry.
Laine Winter 2020 includes:
- 148 pages
- 12 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed and illustrated
- an interview with Denise Bayron
- an article about G-Uld by Lotta Löthgren
- an article about BIPOC in Fiber by Jeanette Sloan
- an article about knitting and well-being by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro
- a column by our regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
- seasonal recipes
- book reviews
- Laine Favorites section